Friday, February 15, 2008

Skipping to the letter G

Today we will focus on Gorgonzola, because it's the kind of cheese Ralph used in the delicious Valentine's Day dinner he made for me and Kid Two.


He prepared beef filets (sorry, Lynn) and topped them with a creamy sauce that featured Gorgonzola, meat drippings and mushrooms. I think that's all he used, but I may be wrong. I wasn't watching. I was way too busy visiting blog friends.
I should have taken a photo of the plate when it was served, but alas, I forgot.

We sometimes like to top our salads with this cheese, but a little goes a long way. As you can see, we have plenty left!

Now quoting from Wikipedia:

"Gorgonzola is a veined Italian blue cheese, made from unskimmed cow's milk. It can be buttery or firm, crumbly and quite salty, with a 'bite' from its blue veining."

There's much more, but I'll leave it there. I just look this stuff up so you don't have to bother.

13 comments:

Christy said...

Hmmm, I do believe this cheese is often used in fondues. Yum!

Lynn said...

I am so glad that I wasn't invited to dinner at your house.

Patti said...

Christy: Yum. I think I need a fondue set!

Lynn: sorry you feel that way :-(

Jeff B said...

Hey, can I take Lynn's place at the dinner table? Sounds tasty to me.

Patti said...

Jeff: Sure, you are welcome to visit. Just give me time to dust.
;-)

Gattina said...

I always have it in my fridge, my husband is Italian, lol !

Gattina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie Jeffries said...

Love this blog dedicated the cheeses. Yummm. Also like, very much, the droll play on words of your blog title.

Marie Reed said...

The Roquefort files! Francois is such a cheese hater. It's a catastrophe! Whenever he goes out of town I have a huge cheese party! I GORGE and wallow in all of that dairy goodness! Fondue, Gratins, Pizza..... yummy!

Carly said...

Sounds yummy, what a wonderful addition to many foods!

Gattina said...

I like Gorgonzola too, I ate it for the first time in Italy when my husband presented me to his family in 1968. Now you find the cheese everywhere.

Gattina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teuvo Vehkalahti said...

This blog is through a nice to meet new people and their land, culture and nature. Come and look at you Teuvo Kuvat - Teuvo images, both at the same time will be my blog collection flag depicting your country's flag to rise higher. You should also tell all your friends to my blog by fermentation. Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland