Monday, February 11, 2008

C is for Camembert, among others

Bonjour! Today we talk about zee Camembert.
Like the previously mentioned Brie, it also is a creamy French cheese.
A friend who writes and edits several food/cooking sites, including Fit Fare, suggested I use pictures. I agree it's a grand idea, but I am incredibly lazy.
And I don't feel like going out and purchasing small amounts of the cheese about which I write, just for a photo. Maybe I will when we have some extra dough.
Get it? Dough? Food writing?? Did that get a rise out of you?Oh, never mind, mes amis.
Anyway, here's a wheel of Camembert. Free Photo of a Wheel of Camembert Cheese. Click Here to Get Free Images at Clipart Guide.com

According to Wikipedia, this cheese was first made in the late 18th century in Normandy in northwestern France.
It is similar to Brie and is made from cow's milk. It has a salty taste.
Wikipedia says "Camembert can be used in many dishes, but is popularly eaten uncooked on bread or with wine or meat."
It is usually served at room temperature.

Quick cheese fact (thank you, Joan) : the first commercial cheese factory was established in Switzerland on Feb. 3, 1815. (Now I'm taking Joan's word for this. I have not fact checked. But I trust her completely.)

No comments: