Friday, February 8, 2008

B can also be for Brie

Ooh, la la. French cheese. When I hear "Brie" I think Yuppie. Remember Yuppies? I guess that was the 80s. Dating myself again. Mon Dieu!

According to Wikipedia, Brie is a historic region of France most famous for its dairy products, especially Brie cheese.
Brie is made from cow's milk and has an edible rind. Some people may need time to develop a taste for it, but not moi.
It's creamy, and who doesn't like creamy? Whipped cream, ice cream, cream cheese, cream in your coffee... I mean really. It's gotta be good if it's creamy!

3 comments:

Ralph said...

Ah, you do remember the late Akio Restaurant, where they melted a chunk
on top of that fantastic filet mignon? incréable, non?!

Lynn said...

I've watched people eat Brie but I've always been afraid to actually taste it. What can I say...I am weird!

Christy said...

My Aunt bakes Brie and then puts peach jam on the top of it and serves it with crackers. You dip your cracker in the jam and slide it through the Brie.

The thought terrified me until I tried it. Now I love it, the combination is amazing. Sweet and salty!